Learning to Swim: Success!

After our first (unsuccessful) attempt at getting Royal to swim, I decided to purchase a life jacket....for my dog.

Please note:

(1) Yes, I am aware most dogs instinctively know how to swim

(2) I used to think clothing of any type on a dog, especially a sporting dog, was ridiculous.

(3) I am making an exception for the life jacket only. There are no rain slickers or winter sweaters in my dog's future.

(4) The life jacket is totally adorable.


And, laugh as you may, the life jacket helped give my puppy the courage to jump off our dock and into the lake.



And he hasn't gotten out since.


Seriously.....we can't keep him out of our pool or the lake. He absolutely loves it.



And while I only managed to keep my puppy in the life jacket for about 10 minutes, it was $8 well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment